With all the stuff we have due this week I almost forgot to update this reflective blog! But oddly enough I felt weird not doing it last week over the mid-semester beak. I had half a mind to write a post simply saying hi (that would’ve been fun to read eh!).
Hello, by the way :)
So.. reflection on today’s Systems Analysis and Design classes.. Firstly, my sleepy morning started off with an enjoyable read of the study guide. Another informative one by the way. But it is very useful indeed. Sometimes I find that it makes more sense than the lectures. Particularly today’s lecture about use case diagrams. I think I got more out of the study guide than those colourful diagrams. Maybe it has something to do with being a book-worm.. perhaps that’s why I found the descriptive text easier to understand than the actual pictures (cute stick figures though! :D).
Oh yeah, Mr Yeap used another familiar example today! An example I remember hearing two semesters ago:
“Let’s say Abdur Rehman wants to buy shoes. Sports shoes. Adidas for instance. He could order it through the web, phone or by mail. These are examples of the various scenarios that could take place”.
Although slightly varied, if memory serves me correctly, last year Mr Yeap was using the example to illustrate the Supply Chain Management (SCM). And Abdur Rehman was buying Nike shoes (Happy birthday to Abdur Rehman by the way! :D).
In tutorial class.. Mr Yeap taught the class for the first hour to go through the Additional Tutorial Exercise regarding context diagrams and levelled DFDs. The exercise also included a question on event table but sadly we didn’t have time to go through it. DFDs worry me, because there’s usually more than one way to do the task so I’m always uncertain of whether what I’m doing is right or not..
No comments:
Post a Comment